Custom Ornamental Iron Works offers a versatile line of cast iron & steel stair posts. Posts are typically installed at the ends of gates or railings. We carry a wide array of posts similar to our existing balusters, primarily in one inch round or square (smooth, hammered edges, or forged) material. The post works as a decorative support and is meant to match the corresponding balusters of the railing.
Styles , Sizes & Material
Our stair posts are all available in the following styles:
- Round Smooth Material
- Forged Round Material
- Square Smooth Material
- Square Forged Material
- Square Twisted Post
- Square Forged & Tapered Baluster
- Single Knuckle Design (basket, stamped, twisted)
- All posts1” Wide and 47 ¼” Long
- New style post has Cast Iron Centre- 1 3/16” Round, height 47 ¼”
Like our balusters, our posts are made with both round and square material. Although we stock standard sizes and popular styles, posts can be custom made to your specifications. If the one-inch post is too thick or bulky for your requirements, we are able to accommodate you with three-quarter inch material.
Powder Coating Colours
All stair posts are available to have powder coating colours in the following finishes:
- Flat Black (a matte black)
- Wrinkle Black (a textured black , with a slight sheen)
- Oil Rub Bronze (gritty finish feel, dark colour)
- Pewter Vein (light dull grey that is pitted like the planet mars)
- Gold Vein (gold colour with black speckles in it, looks and feels shinier)
- Gunmetal (dark grey, smooth)
- Clear Coat (just a clear coat, makes spindles look rustic underneath. Shows flaws of metal)
- Semi Gloss Black (a shiny smooth black)
- Silver Vein (silver colour, smooth shiny with black specks in it
- Stat Bronze (dark brown colour, smooth, shiny feel)
Additional cost of powder coat varies depending on thickness of bar and colour choice. Add character to your home and choose your very own colour to complement your interior finishes today!
Sample swatches are available.
Need help deciding which Posts to select? Then take a look at our project gallery, which offers a variety of inspirational ideas for completed projects.
Have any questions? Give us a call! With over 40 years of expertise, we’ll ensure that you find the best options for your project.
COPYRIGHT © 1974 to 2019 CUSTOM ORNAMENTAL IRON WORKS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED