Custom Ornamental Iron Works offers a variety of basket balusters to choose from, including single and double basket design.
Basket balusters, also known as “bird cage” balusters, are available in a number of design configurations; including narrow, wide, long, short, and round variations. Most styles available in single and double design.
Our basket balusters are available in round or square rods. Custom design options are available.
Our basket spindles come in both round material and square material. We offer sizes from 1/2” up to 1” (for our posts). Each style baluster comes with a variety of choice of material thickness and length; 32”, 37 ½” or 45 ½”. Customers can cut all products down to meet the needs of their project.
Custom sizes are available.
Basket balusters are available in both iron/steel and aluminum. Available options include:
- smooth solid basket balusters (round or square)
- smooth hollow basket balusters (round or square)
- hammered edge baluster (which is hammered on the corners only)
- twisted square basket baluster (nice twist details above and underneath the basket)
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products, with the majority of our balusters made in house.
Powder Coating Colours
All basket balusters are available in the following powder coat finishes:
- Flat Black (a matt black)
- Wrinkle Black (a textured black , with a slight sheen)
- Oil Rub Bronze (gritty finish feel, dark colour)
- Pewter Vein (light dull grey that is pitted like the planet mars)
- Gold Vein (gold colour with black speckles in it, looks and feels shinier)
- Gunmetal (dark grey, smooth)
- Clear Coat (just a clear coat, makes spindles look rustic underneath. Shows flaws of metal)
- Semi Gloss Black (a shiny smooth black)
- Silver Vein (silver colour, smooth shiny with black specks in it
- Stat Bronze (dark brown colour, smooth, shiny feel)
Additional cost of powder coat varies depending on thickness of bar and colour choice. Add character to your home and choose your very own colour to complement your interior finishes today!
Sample swatches are available.
Need help deciding which basket baluster to select? Then give our Stair Builder Tool a try to see how each option can fit within your project. Our project gallery also offers a variety of ideas for completed projects.
Have any questions? Give us a call! With over 40 years of expertise, we’ll ensure that you find the best options for your project.
COPYRIGHT © 1974 to 2020 CUSTOM ORNAMENTAL IRON WORKS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED