Balusters - Hollow
Custom Ornamental Iron Works provides a variety of hollow baluster designs and sizes to meet the needs of any projects.
Our hollow balusters, also known as “tubing” balusters”, are available in the following styles:
- Hollow Basket Balusters
- Hollow Single Knuckle Designs
- Hollow Double Knuckle Designs
Our hollow spindles are available in round or square material and they come pre-powder coated in flat black. The inserts are fastened using set screws on the round bars, and tac welded on the square balusters. Hollow balusters offer excellent value and are a great option for those building on a budget.
Sizes & Material
Our hollow balusters come in both round material and square material. Customer can easily cut down the lengths to suit their project needs. Hollow material is very light, supporting easy installation.
Sizing availability for round hollow balusters:
- 5/8” round (35” long or 42”)
- ¾” round (35” long or 42”)
Sizing available for square hollow balusters:
- ½” square (35” long or 42”)
Powder Coating Colours
All hollow balusters are already pre-powder coated in Flat Black. Prices include this in the total amount per spindle. However, there are other powder coating finishes available which you may request:
- Wrinkle Black (a textured black , with a slight sheen)
- Oil Rub Bronze (gritty finish feel, dark colour)
- Pewter Vein (light dull grey that is pitted like the planet mars)
- Gold Vein (gold colour with black speckles in it, looks and feels shinier)
- Gunmetal (dark grey, smooth)
- Clear Coat (just a clear coat, makes spindles look rustic underneath. Shows flaws of metal)
- Semi Gloss Black (a shiny smooth black)
- Silver Vein (silver colour, smooth shiny with black specks in it
- Stat Bronze (dark brown colour, smooth, shiny feel)
Additional cost of powder coat varies depending on thickness of bar and colour choice. Add character to your home and choose your very own colour to complement your interior finishes today!
Sample swatches are available.
Need help deciding which hollow baluster to select? Then give our Stair Builder Tool a try to see how each option can fit within your project. Our project gallery also offers a variety of ideas for completed projects.
Have any questions? Give us a call! With over 40 years of expertise, we’ll ensure that you find the best options for your project.
COPYRIGHT © 1974 to 2018 CUSTOM ORNAMENTAL IRON WORKS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED