Balls-Steel, Aluminum, Stainless
Custom Iron Works carries a range of decorative metal spheres in a variety of styles, materials and powder coating options.
Custom Ornamental Iron works provides a variety of Steel Balls for our customers. The various styles we offer are:
- Solid Steel Balls
- Hollow Steel Balls
- Crushed Steel Balls
- Melon Steel Balls
- Half Hollow Steel Balls
- Pre- Drilled Solid Steel Balls
- Aluminum Hollow Steel Balls
- Stainless Steel Hollow Balls
Customers use these for fence posts, gates, wine cellar doors, fencing, and in other various projects.
Sizes & Material
Our Hollow Steel balls are available in both Solid and Hollow. For our hollow balls the material thickness is 0.080”, but please note sizes may vary slightly.
Sizes for Solid Steel Balls by category:
- Solid Steel Ball(5/8” up to 4”)
- Crushed Steel Balls (1” up to 3 ¼”)
- Melon Steel Balls (1” up to 3 ¼”)
- Pre- Drilled Solid Steel Balls (1 3/8” Diameter – with holes ranging from ½” to ¾”)
Sizes for Hollow Steel Balls:
- Hollow Steel Balls (1 ½” up to 11 ¾”)
- Aluminum Hollow Steel Balls (2” up to 24”)
- Half Hollow Steel Balls (1 ¼” up to 11 ¾” )
- Stainless Steel Hollow Balls (2” up to 24”)
Powder Coating Colours
You may choose to have your steel balls powder coated only if there will be no fabrication involved. Below are the lists of colours we offer:
- Flat Black (a matte black)
- Wrinkle Black (a textured black , with a slight sheen)
- Oil Rub Bronze (gritty finish feel, dark colour)
- Pewter Vein (light dull grey that is pitted like the planet mars)
- Gold Vein (gold colour with black speckles in it, looks and feels shinier)
- Gunmetal (dark grey, smooth)
- Clear Coat (just a clear coat, makes spindles look rustic underneath. Shows flaws of metal)
- Semi Gloss Black (a shiny smooth black)
- Silver Vein (silver colour, smooth shiny with black specks in it
- Stat Bronze (dark brown colour, smooth, shiny feel)
Additional cost of powder coat varies depending on thickness of bar and colour choice. Add character to your home and choose your very own colour to complement your interior finishes today!
Sample swatches are available.
Need help deciding which decorative post cap to select? Then take a look at our project gallery, which offers a variety of inspirational ideas for completed projects.
Have any questions? Give us a call! With over 40 years of expertise, we’ll ensure that you find the best options for your project.
COPYRIGHT © 1974 to 2017 CUSTOM ORNAMENTAL IRON WORKS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED