WATER JET CUTTING
Need complex cuts?
Custom Ornamental Iron Works can provide water jet cutting services for a wide range of materials such as aluminum, hardened tool steel, and titanium; exotics including carbon fibre, ceramic, Inconel and composites; or architectural materials such as marble, glass, tile, stone and even granite cutting. Our services are ideal for fast-paced demands such as after-market automotive and aerospace parts. Quick turnaround with almost no set-up time offers the flexibility you require for prototyping, limited runs or production parts. Water jet cutting uses water at extremely high pressure - 60,000 psi - to cut virtually any material.
Our cutting envelope is 60" x 120", vertical adjustment is about 150mm or (6")
Thickness up to 50 mm (about 2 inches) for stainless steel is standard; thickness above 50mm is also achievable with a slower cutting speed.
Cut error is about +/- 0.1 mm (or 0.004")
Get the results you need with technology that cuts smooth, precise edges in any two dimensional shape from .DXF files, CAD files or scanned images. Our Water jet Machining Center is perfect for virtually any precision cutting CNC job requiring maximum material yield with minimal waste. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most cost-effective solution to your CNC machining needs. Call us to discuss your specifications or e-mail your .DXF file and we will provide a quote.
Water jet cutting advantages:
* Low cost—water jet machining can be easy, faster, and quick turnaround than many conventional cutting tools. Eliminates tooling costs for low volume flanges and brackets.
* Versatile—cut wide range materials, wood, plastic, glass, rubber, metal, ceramic tile, marble, granite
* Cold cut—water jets produce no heat affected zone, usually no post process required.
* Good edge—water jet cutting produces a smoother cross section and a narrower kerf without edge burrs
* Safe—water jet cutter systems produce no environmentally unsafe by-products.
* High accuracy—CNC water jet cutting enables repeatable cuts with high accuracy and repeatability.
* Tolerance and accuracy is within +/-.005" and water jet cutting leaves no burrs or thermal distortion. With no material hardening or stress, we offer the best nesting ability possible.
* Cuts to any shape within your specifications.
* An environmentally friendly process.
Custom Ornamental Iron Works welcomes all project sizes from prototype to high volume production. We offer both water and abrasive jet cutting services.
****Please contact us directly with quotes and questions!****